Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
LIZ, I am beginning to think that he should be the poster child for NARCISSISM!!!!!

dandylion
Before he picked up the drinking again, I swore that NPD fit him perfectly. The world was out to get him, he could see no other person's point of view, he has to be right at all costs, everyone else is stupid and he's not(just ask him), humans are not to be trusted because they'll screw you(just ask him how), etc. He could watch the news about a murder in Chicago and find a way to make it about him(Mr White Man living in suburban Phoenix). It honestly was fascinating to listen to him wrap everything into a tidy little explanation of how it was all about him. CRAZY!

My mom and I were just talking about her inability to drive to the airport just the other day. It's not that she can't, it's that she just wasn't comfortable doing it in a strange city with my son in the car. I knew her reasons, especially if it was required for her to pick us up at night. AH would make it sound like she was being difficult on purpose and go on and on about how she's making our lives miserable and say, "What grown woman who's traveled the world can't find her way to an American cities airport? The signs are in English, for god's sake. What is wrong with your mother?" Anyway, like I said before, I'm just glad I'm not going.

I'm going back east to visit my mom in 2 weeks and we're taking my so to Williamsburg for a few days, he's studying Colonial America in his history class right now. I'm planning on talking to her about doing a Caribbean vacation next fall with just my son and I and her and her husband. My son has been to Hawaii but I promised him that some day I'd take him snorkeling in Cayman(or somewhere else).