View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

The stress excuse was a big one for me too Sneeker and one that kind of resolved itself naturally for me. I used to have a stressful day and think 'I can't wait til I'm done so I can have a drink' whereas now the day is always less stressful in itself because I'm not constantly wishing the day away so I can drink, and when I am done I just feel like I can relax now, go watch tv, read... I feel so much more relaxed in general. Oh, and I am 7 months in. I don't really think about drinking that much and it does feel normal not to drink. The thought of drinking makes me feel ill. But I still get the odd left field thought about drinking. I am not sure if that will ever go away but as long as I don't act on it it's okay

I really struggled with what to tell people too. It's really is amazing how much that doesn't bother me anymore. Before I felt like I owed everyone an explanation, but it's just because I felt like I was having to justify not drinking to myself. The more I accept it the easier it becomes

You really are doing great Sneeker, well done on 5 weeks! And I hope your visit from the sister-in-law goes well x