View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
blackandblue

I asked her about phone or Skype sessions before I left 3 months ago and have not had a response yet. Maybe it's time to try again. I have been working with another gestalt psychologist for a couple of sessions via Skype and wow that stirs up a lot. I am not even sure what the pain is about. My psych tells me it's as if I have the persona of a grieving child. Whether true or not, I really fought tears on this one. A lot has been coming up for me about childhood lately- memories I had forgotten. I feel there is something I am supposed to be paying attention to. Also, I do yoga 5-6x per week now pretty intensely as well as regular meditation. Since it has become more routine I think both of these practices might be unlocking some old stuff. I think I am just so excited to share life with people and I am learning how to do it in a new way. I am overly dedicated to not repeating old patterns so much that I think I am isolating or withdrawing as a defense mechanism to not get close to the wrong people again. Maybe I am doing exactly what I need to be doing and just need to make peace with that I am right where I need to be.

Also, yes LoveMeNot- it is easy to remember what makes us miserable which should lead me back to what makes me happy- music and writing- which I should have plenty of creative inspiration from these experiences. Yet- something is a little numb- the hole he made when I invested too much of my identity in someone else.

Think I just had an epiphany! Gratitude...