View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Of course I'm not stuck.
I choose.

It's really irrelevant in AVRT whether I am stuck or not.
I recognize the beast.
I have the power to overcome because it has no power without me.

I can't think of one single thing more to say here.
I guess I must not want it enough because if I did I'd surely be done.
No worries. Don't be concerned with "wanting enough" and whatever else that provides an escape for your Beast. Your statement "...must not want it enough because..." is pure AV.

Sometimes we can seperate our mentality from our Beast, and yet still be attached emotionally. It's not just about thoughts and urges to get drunk or whatever. The Beast also likes to rule using addictive feelings of ambivalence to keep us in the dark as to our true and honest feelings about ourselves.

With AVRT, "want" is unimportant. We do not fight against ourselves to hope for a better life. We simply use AVRT to make distinct, against the background of our Big Plan, all addictive desire for alcohol, and make sure such desire is completely and totally removed from ourselves, and attributed to only our Beast, respectively.

So, we can feel what the Beast feels, and sometimes become confused that we, and not the Beast, feel like being drunk, or scared, or angry, or dishonest, or whatever --- about being drunk AND about being not-drunk.

It is way important to really make distinct not just thoughts but also feelings of difference between ourselves and our respective Beasts.

Only my Beast can want to be drunk. Only my Beast can fear a sans-alcohol life. Only my Beast can pretend to be messed up about wanting to be sober...

Not me.

Me, I'm all good about never drinking again. There is no downside to not drinking. No fears. No problems. No negatives. All that lousy, noisy, useless, crap belongs to my Beast, and zero of that crap belongs to me about trouble with a sans-alcohol life...

Pretty simple, eh!

So, Obladi, fear not about "wanting whatever enough"

Forget about it, lol. It dosen't have to be your problem.

I never cared about "wanting sobriety" in all my 31 years of living a sans-alcohol life, and I've never had a problem with any of that "want" nonsense. It just dosen't matter.