View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
story74

I am sorry for what you are going thru.

I have a hard time with this one. I know he had I had a good relationship, but it was immature. I know that he made bad choices, including of which not to grow up. I know that he was angry with me. I know that he held everything inside. I know that I was very communicative and always tried to listen, be supportive and fix. I know that his dad was an alcholic and did the exact same thing to his family at the same age. I know that his family is full of woman who are way too nice, and our taught that men have more power then woman. I know that he started smoking weed at 21, and never stopped. He always had it and always smoked it. He couldn't wake up without it. I know he lost his job because he couldn't pass the drug test. I know that he had a good heart and the sober man that I married would never have left us and left us to starve. And cheat on me with a viscious *****? There are lots of symptons. But, I think cocaine has destroyed him. Cocaine and his "it will never happen to me" careless attitude.

For me, I would still be married to this man if it weren't for the drugs and his unwillingness to grow up. He made bad choices. HE changed. And mainly changed because of drugs.

So yes, there may have been problems in the relationship, but they could have been worked out. But, when drugs are invloved, all bets are off.

You sound like a very smart woman who would have been there and worked through anything with her man. I hope you don't harbor guilt and feel like you caused this in someway. Don't be too hard on yourself.