View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
risktheblossom

Originally Posted by blackfrancis View Post
Yes, its unfortunate (at least in my personal case) to actually ignore the thousands of warning signs until something serious happens....the only thing that kept me or my story from being like the ones presented to me in the videos and speakers was the fact I didn't kill or hurt anyone. I can't imagine how life would've been if something of that nature had happened. I didn't remember driving, didn't remember most of the arrest....scary. Right now I don't have a craving to drink, I guess I'm still stunned over all of this but I'm going to make a strong effort to cease from doing so ever again. I've always told myself I should quit but never really tried. Oh, I tried thousands of times to "cut back" but obviously that plan didn't work. I'm not a daily alcoholic but the binge type. One turns into seventeen....somehow for 25 years I managed to squeak through the cracks, not get caught, I guess 4 damaged vehicles wasn't enough to get my attention...
Hello, I am in NE Ohio. It's Day 1 of my new life without alcohol. Looking forward to being able to wake up in the morning and remember what it was I did last night!

Any suggestions on what to do if I have a stupid mental moment where I think a six pack sounds good?