View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Insofar as AVRT 'works' at all (you do the work, remember?), it has worked since the first alcohol addicts self recovered, and you can put that back 4000 years, since grapes were grown for wine. By its nature, it is a permanent end to drinking for every individual who makes their Big Plan. Anyone who stops succeeding at staying sober through AVRT in some way succeeds at drinking instead.

Make no mistake, Tammy, there are plenty of folks around who are sober through AVRT for much longer periods of time than you described. They got sober and they never change their mind. What happens to most people is that they stop regular posting on SR eventually and leave the heavy lifting of support for 12 Step alternatives to other more junior members.

That is why there are no meetings for AVRT. "You quit drinking? About time you did that. Now get on with things, you have some catching up to do." Other sobriety programs have a built in service requirement to them and actually require daily maintenance, so it is much easier to find 'old timers', just go to the meetings.

So Tammy, you say are looking for a record of long term success. It should be obvious that you might not find it here, people get busy after they get sober and all. I wonder, though, what prompts you to ask this? Do you think others record of sobriety can affect your own ability to quit drinking? That sounds like some AV to me.

Let me suggest you work your way through the AVRT discussion thread. There is a huge amount of accumulated knowledge of AVRT and its application there. I am sure that it will inform your understanding better than I can.