View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
tjp613

Originally Posted by PerhapsLove View Post
I realize that there is nothing I can do for her. She has made her choice and the consequence of that is far-reaching. There can be no more help from us, her parents, and no more contact with her daughter. The bf will not allow her any freedom. Aside from the drugs and alcohol, her health is at risk. I think I may never see her alive again. I appreciate all of the advice I have found here. It is the main reason I am not a basket case tonight.
PerhapsLove...Dear One....Take heart! I can't tell you how many dark nights I had those same thoughts. I absolutely KNEW that my son was going to die and die soon. When I let him fall I knew I was taking that risk... but really, did I have any choice? In my mind (and with LOTS of help from the wisdom here at SR) I didn't see any other VIABLE choice but to hand it over to God. Anything else I did to "help" him really did just the opposite.

6 months ago I was in the depths of hell with worry after we had stepped back and were watching him free fall. Today he is working a program and has 45 days clean. To me, this is a miracle. Did I make the miracle happen? No...... it only happened when I stepped out of the way.

He might relapse tomorrow and the free fall will start all over.... or maybe not. I'm just grateful....VERY grateful....for today.

I know how hard it is. I've lived it, too.