View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
PerhapsLove

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
IMO your granddaughter does not need to see a mother under the influence, and hiding the truth would not be an option to me. You don't like it when your daughter lies to you...do you?

She is doing what addicts do, no response to texts and so on. I'll bet that she will know your number when she wants something...they all do.

I know that all of this is painful to deal with, however, your grandaughter is the true victim of your daughters toxic behavior, do what is best for your grandaughter, your daughter has chosen her path, and she will live it on her own terms....not yours.
You are right that my granddaughter is the most important victim. Anytime I have facilitated a visit, I pick up my daughter first. If she is sober we get my granddaughter. Unfortunately I can't tell if she is under the influence of drugs. I once did a drug test, but I think she did something to it to make it appear clean.

Her roommate called me tonight and told me she is withdrawing again. This must be the result of using with her ex on Wednesday night. The roommate said she asked him to call me and let me know that she is ok. I haven't tried to contact her at all today. There really isn't anything we can do for her now that she can't and should do for herself.