View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Maylie

I have detoxed from heroin at home, as have my boyfriend and numerous other people I know without complications. Detoxing is only the beginning, adjusting to life sober and learning how to deal with different situations, learning how to experience different emotions, and learning how to avoid temptation is a whole different thing.

There is nothing you can do for your daughter, she needs to want to get clean and she needs to find a program that works for her and she needs to commit to it. You have tried to help in her in past and she has done what addicts do, she did what pleased her in that moment with no regard for tomorrow. I know that you want to believe her when she says she wants to restart her life and that she wants to be clean, but have her actions shown that? She says she wants to restart her life yet she tells her ex where she lives and then claims he "slipped" her something.

I hope that you can find peace and that you can concentrate on yourself and give yourself the tools you need to recover. You're health and mental well being is extremely important. Don't let your worry for her make you forget how much you matter.

hugs

Maylie