View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lionhearted1
Been there, done that!

Thank you so much for that, it was almost like I wrote it myself it's exactly how I feel and reading it has made my day. I had exactly the same issues with a certain recovery group I was told I was sick diseased every thought that was negative was because I was alcoholic, if I did not get to a meeting then I was doomed to be drunk sooner rather than later if I did not ring my sponsor and pour out my heart then my disease would get me.

Then I come across avrt on Sb I do the crash course on Rr read a lot of posts have the book on order made my big plan and bang, the switch you describe went off in my head the biggest problem in my life ceased to be a big deal at first IT thought this is impossible you can't get well away from aa your sick. But as the weeks have gone on its amazing iam more at peace happy than at anytime bouncing around aa.

I don't know whether you have to be a certain type of person to get avrt or whether it works for all addicts but what I do know is iam so grateful to have come across it! This is not one day at a time but forever!!