View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RobC420
Euphoric Recaller

Fellow pot addict here. I've had many of the same types of dreams. My reaction is vastly different from when I was using to now. When using, I would dream of buying pot or smoking while on a road trip and stuff and feel awesome about it. Then I'd wake up and feel really diappointed about it being just a dream.

When I first got sober, I would dream of pot being around and I would be fearful of it and try to get out of the situation ASAP. Or I would see my old pothead friend and be afraid of trying to tell him that I want recovery and I don't want to smoke with him and stuff.

Now when I dream about it I usually smoke it and then feel intense fear, shame, and guilt. I begin thinking about how I've thrown away my recovery and how I have to go to a meeting and get a 24 chip in front of everyone. Then I wake up and I am incredibly happy and relieved that it was only a dream.

Thanks for your thread. There is a thread where fellow pot addicts have been sharing their stories. Feel free to post yours if you like.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...na-anyone.html