View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

You are on your way, MissyShelle, I can hear the joy and wonder in your post, and this is good. Yes, your addiction is a thing, it is not you, you are so much more than it.

So, I will welcome you here, say howdy, pull up a chair, make yourself comfy. I will also let you know that things can get a little sharp around here too and the discussions can get a little prickly. This is because we are dealing with a part of us, our beasts, that really doesn't appreciate the limelight.

So, to complete your initiation, please accept my comment about
I'm not naive enough to think It will stay that way.
Crank up that self confidence to 11, MissyShelle, there is every reason to do it, and no reason at all not to. Your beast is confused right now (tee hee hee, it's great, isn't it) and it certainly can stay that way. But even if it doesn't, so what? Even if the beast gets loud, it still has no power over you.

This stuff will get clearer when you think more about your Big Plan, your personal forever no-matter-what vow to never drink again. This part is important because it strips away all the hiding places for your beast and makes it so very easy to recognize. With your plan in place, any thought of taking a drink ever again, or that you don't know how this will turn out, it is all AV, and you can recognize it easily because it bumps into your plan and whines very loudly.

Please keep posting, there is a wonderful group of people here. And just as at the other forums, your posts will do a lot more than merely answer your questions, they encourage others that are reading too.