View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
inpieces314
Linkin Park Enthusiast

I don't think he hit bottom yet. He can go to rehab a thousand times but it will never work unless he wants it to. I think he knows that you want it to work, so that is why he is trying, but it won't work until HE wants it to.

That said, you have to make him hit bottom. Intervention time. I just got a restraining order on my ABF, went to court, made it final for 6 months, and then he decided he finally wanted to go to rehab. I have known the entire time we were together that I was the end of the line for him, the day we got together he quit drinking (for 3 weeks, the longest I have ever known him to quit) so he could be with me. With his ex, he never EVER stopped, he even went to detox and started drinking the day he got out.

That said, I am telling you, filing that protective order is one of the hardest things I have ever done. EVER. I knew that is where I had to go, and even he admits that he would never have went to rehab if I didn't do something so drastic. But I was done with all that drinking BS, and he had to know that. But I won't lie, making him hit bottom made me hit bottom too. I cry every day. I cried the hardest the day he left for detox. Just because I am sorry that it had to get to this point, even though I know I made the right decision.