View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cadence57
Barn Goddess

Originally Posted by jessieandme2003
Just felt like talking about my latest thoughts.

I think one of the things I must work on about me next is to get a grip on my 'expectations'.

I definitely know that all my life I have been one of those people that pictures how things will be in my mind, then I am disappointed when they don't happen that way. That lead to my being one of those people who tries to manipulate things to get to my desired outcome. Codie to the core.

I've certainly had that one issue cause strain in any relationship I've had. Since it is unlikely another can be expected to behave in a way that always lives up to my expectations, or my vision of how things should be, you can bet I am going to be disappointed often.
Are you my long lost twin or something?? Seriously, I am exactly the same.
I am floored! Thankyou for putting into words what has been bouncing around in my head...
My expectations are both realistic (if you say you are going to do something, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect you to do it) and unrealistic (after a long and convoluted history of NOT keeping your word, WHY would I continue to expect you to keep it?) I always seem to end up in relationships where I am accused of expecting too much... Do I? Probably.
Hmm, more food for thought.
Thanks