View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Misguided

Anxiety/stress with limited anxiety meds

Right now I have a very limited supply of Klonopin which I do not take daily and when I do take it, I don't take more than one 0.5mg in a day. My docs limit me on the prescription because of my honesty about prior alcoholism issues (even though I've never encountered a subtance abuse problem with any other chemical/drug).

I'm currently in a stressful situation with a lot going on until the end of the year. My main source of stress is the place I spend 40 hours a week. There's one main individual that is the cause for constant stress while there is a second individual that an issue will crop up once a week. I am in the process of trying to make a move, but in the midst of all of this I'm supposed to be closing on a house in 2-3 weeks so I can't do anything until after that is done.

Anyway...today I am so stressed that my panic attack level is high and I feel like I want to vomit. I haven't taken the Klonopin yet because I think I only have 3 left (I don't keep them in my purse). I'm at the point of wanting to walk out over taking the medication but that's really not an option. I also don't want to look like an abuser of the med if I run out and need more before my appointment with the referred doc for my mental health.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for with my post, but maybe advice on how do people handle stressful situations that they have no control over causing a large amount of anxiety?? If it weren't for so much going on during the next 3 months, I would just take the rest of the day off because I would have the time, but that's really not an option at this point.