View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Athena1
Hence the need for all the elaborate rules.
The rules will always always continue to change and you must always continue to try and keep up with them. It's not sustainable. You (ahem...your AV) may choose to disagree with me, but it simply is not sustainable over a lifetime for the addicted. Here nor there to me though whether you "buy" it. It's just truth. Something will give eventually.

Oh... the "I'm a hedonist" argument. Yeah...me too. There are a lot more badass ways to induce a euphoric high than to artificially flood the brain with chemicals. C'mon...that takes ZERO skill, creativity, or balls. The hedonist excuse doesn't fly with me. I am one.

I just....don't want to make that decision.
Pardon me if you already said this and I missed it, but have you read the RR book? Check out the definition of "addicted".

I am glad you're here, Athena1. I hope you find what truly makes you happy. Apparently, I come off as harsh (so I've been told). But honestly, there is no greater joy for me than seeing others come out of the darkness. I want that for you, however you find it. If something is causing you pain, I believe you can find a way to resolve it. Best xx