Old 09-30-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
whatsgoingon

The million dollar question. Everyone is different so it quite conceivable that a small percentage of alcoholics could return to normal drinking. This is however a very very small minority. I don't know about everyone else but my drinking stems from a need to block out stress and depression. Some people have deep underlying problems that the alcohol only makes worse. For me I really don't know the answer. Right now I've decided not to drink and I've made a decision to not question that and just get on with it. My relationship with alcohol was not a good one and to be honest I'm almost afraid to have another drink. I used to think I was a normal drinker but looking back only three weeks ago I was a mess. I don't want to be a mess anymore. I've told myself that by giving up drinking my life will start to get better and I will eventually achieve all my ambitions. If someone told you that you could have everything you ever wanted but for this you had to give up drinking would you give it go? Hell yeah!