Old 09-29-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
Thanks Dalek that made perfect sense. I don't know how it happened but it's like a switch has been turned I can instantly recognise my av because it's been talking to me for years, so simple yet so powerful.
AVRT is powerfully simple, but the problem people tend to have in the beginning is that they can't quite "see" the AV at first, and think it is only simple thoughts such as "let's drink now", when in fact the AV is more than just that. It creates a whole way of thinking that supports more drinking or using in order to perpetuate the addiction. All I did was shine the light on your AV to give you a moving target that you could lock on to.

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
My av just popped in and said that it will wear off. But it won't because I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind!!! Silly beast
That's it, you got it! This is also a very nice example of how the AV will try to re-organize once you start catching on. It changed its tune from "it can't be this simple" to "this will wear off", but it's the same AV, and the same BS. From here on out, *anything* that contradicts your Big Plan is the Addictive Voice -- not you, but your Beast talking.

As others have suggested, you'll probably get some more "aha" moments as you read through the RR book and the main AVRT discussion thread, and I recommend that you read through both.