View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

He did put the dog down

I just wanted to come on quickly and tell everyone that I forced AH to put the dog down today and that I called the vet to schedule her to come to the house around noon. He told me was planning on doing it anyway after he saw what bad shape she was in yesterday but didn't want to tell me because he thought I'd ruin our son's weekend if I spilled the beans to him too early and ruined his tennis tournament. He took her to the park on a make shift trolley and gave her a picnic in the shade before the vet showed up. He loved that dog dearly, too, and I'm glad he saw that it needed to be done.

I have no idea why he had to be so difficult about it, though, and was very hurt that he couldn't just tell me what he was planning to do. I'm not happy about his tactics, but that's what you get with an alcoholic. I'm just glad the dog is happy and at peace and running with her sister across the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sad for our loss, too.

As for the previous thread that was closed. I want to thank Hydrogirl for closing the thread. I was starting to feel like a criminal. I am having a horrible week; between the dog, my AH and his black out crap and then AA proclamation, and then my son having some issues with schoolwork, etc. I'm tired, I'm sucked dry, and I shouldn't have posted here to begin with. I apologize for bringing such a sensitive subject to the boards.