Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
No, that was my guess and you're right about putting those words out there. He did say that he was lonely and that tending to the dog gave him something to do this weekend. And, he had told me the other day that he drank because of his loneliness so I made the connection there. My bad, but it seems pretty obvious as I know his patterns.

I can't put the dog down today since I'm leaving in an hour. I have to drive 7 hours today so the care of the dog is in AH's hands. Yes, he was guilt tripping me and I was angry. I told him so in my email to him, too. Maybe that was wrong but I'm too tired to really care about whether I hurt AH's feelings or was mean or whatever to him right now.
Alright, your connection makes sense. but making an animal suffer so that he isn't alone is just plain wrong. If it takes a dying dog in his presence for the rest of his life not to drink...well you can see where this is going.

You have an opportunity here...try convincing your husband that him taking it to the vet to be put down while you are away is a loving thing he can do for the family pet. Give him the viewpoint that he will be coming to the rescue for the dog! Make him feel like a savior for the dog! Make him feel manly for doing something the family needs done while you are away! The MAN OF THE FAMILY IS GOING TO HANDLE IT! Feed his ego...lol