Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by MadeOfGlass View Post
Well I'm going to look at this problem solely from the view of keeping the dog from experiencing unnecessary pain.
It's not about him, it's not about your marriage, it's simply about the dog being in pain.
Just put it down and alleviate the suffering, the quicker the better for the dog.

Did your H actually say anything about that keeping the dog alive had anything to do with his sobriety? If not, why are you putting words in his mouth and head?

That your H said he would "kill the dog for you" ...very accusatory and immature...and a guilt trip too.
You could call him up today and tell him you are putting the dog down. At least he would have notice of what you are going to do.
No, that was my guess and you're right about putting those words out there. He did say that he was lonely and that tending to the dog gave him something to do this weekend. And, he had told me the other day that he drank because of his loneliness so I made the connection there. My bad, but it seems pretty obvious as I know his patterns.

I can't put the dog down today since I'm leaving in an hour. I have to drive 7 hours today so the care of the dog is in AH's hands. Yes, he was guilt tripping me and I was angry. I told him so in my email to him, too. Maybe that was wrong but I'm too tired to really care about whether I hurt AH's feelings or was mean or whatever to him right now.