Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Quinne

I'm incredibly fortunate that the only process for me thus far has been "shedding" unhealthy people (read: those who are a bit parasitic and constantly in some form of crisis, just the way I was through my active alcoholism). I don't miss many of them at all. Infact, I hardly even think about them. Whether or not they have had issues with alcohol is irrelevant to me-I kicked around with people just as sick as myself in some way, shape or form and I can no longer associate with people who will jeopardise my recovery. Having said that, I know I need to make amends to some of these people when I "get" to step 9.

When I see my highschool friends these days, they're thrilled that I look so well and it's great keeping their company.

My two closest friends are just amazing. One is also in AA, the other isn't. They have stuck by me through thick and thin and seen me in some pretty awful states. All of these people have hope in their own lives and I think they can start to see it in me

I've recently "adopted" a classmate as a big sister of sorts....she was in touch with me earlier in the year when I relapsed a couple of times and has kept encouraging me to stay active in AA. I actually apologised to her the other day for pratting her around and lying to her, but she was so forgiving. It's kinda fun in a way comparing our sober madness

I'm very lucky