View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
No it is not 'bad'. You are thinking this based on your history with him to date.
Many A's, myself included, find out when they first hit recovery, that most of
their lives they were GREAT STARTERS and really CHITTY FINISHERS. lol That
with work on HIS PART and only his part can change.

Now, yes NOW is the time to FULLY and COMPLETELY give your AH to his Higher
Power, and allow said Higher Power to take over watching over and guiding your
AH.

Stay in the NOW. Keep working on YOUR plans B, C, and D, 'JUST IN CASE.'

What will be for your AH, is entirely up to your AH. What will be for you and your
son, is entirely up to YOU.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
No worries there, I am totally planning on having back up plans ready! Thank goodness I've been working the Al Anon program and have made it through the first few steps because turning him over to his HP is critical at this point.

You know, he actually thanked me for detaching and stepping back from him? He told me that my detachment pushed him closer and closer to his bottom and that if I had been nagging, begging, crying, etc about the drinking (like I did 15 month ago) that he would have kept it up. My pulling away and doing what was right for ME showed him that I was moving on and that made him realize he was losing me, possibly forever.

Now, are things going to work out in the end? Will he find sobriety forever? Can he let go of his narcissistic ways? Will he mend his spiritual fences, so to speak, and truly become healthy? WHO KNOWS? Only his Higher Power does, and I have to just keep taking things one day at a time. I honestly haven't even been asking these questions until I just typed them up now. I can't predict what he will or won't do, I just know that I have to be ready to set new boundaries, keep working on my program, and let things take their natural course that was set before us by God.