View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Someguy23

Getting back on track

All right, I've lost a battle but not the war. I'm not about to turn tail and run.

Yes, I like to party. It's almost scary how quickly and naturally I reverted to "let's go for beers"-mode. In retrospect, it's no wonder I was finding it easy to stay away from alcohol; it was because I'm cut off from my usual social circle and drinking alone was never more than a pale and sad imitation.

But I also remember just how much fun it was to have to text people to find out what had happened the night before... so I'm back on day 3 now.

The probability of more relapsing in the near future is very small. I have a lot of serious work to do at the moment and I don't drink when I have work to do. I play video games when I have work to do. I wish I was joking

In a week or two (hopefully), I'll have something to celebrate and the probability of relapse will become huge. I'll hang around here a lot then.

I've checked out an AA meeting last night. I felt a bit out of place, but it's probably because I don't know anyone there. I don't know if I'll join, but I will keep attending when I feel I need some support.

Have a good evening everyone