View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bayer

Detox Itchies

I was in a car accident in 1999 and have been on prescription pain medicine ever since. Although I have never abused my prescription pain medication and took only what I was prescribed, I was still on that crap for 13 years. Just recently I decided I no longer wanted to be on pills… so I decided to pursue alternative solutions. I started going to an acupuncturist and that has really helped me control my bone and nerve pain. About two weeks after I got off all my pills I started getting really itchy palms and hands. They were driving me nuts. So I went online to see what I could do and I found these forums. Unfortunately, I didn’t find any good answers to my problem so I started thinking what else I could do. I have lived around horses all my life and whenever my horses got an abscess in their hoof, I always soaked their hooves in Epsom salts to draw out the poisons. I figured if it worked on my horses, then it would probably work on me. So I tried it. You can buy Epsom salts at any local drug store and they aren’t very expensive. I mixed about a ½ cup of salts into a gallon of hot water (make the water as hot as you can stand it) and I soaked my hands in the solution for about 20 minutes. I did this twice a day. Within two days my hands stopped itching and were back to normal as the Epsom salts had drawn all the toxins out of my hands and into the water. I would think this would work for any kind of toxins, whether it is caused from alcohol, prescription drugs or recreational drug use. Toxins are toxins and Epsom salts don’t care where they come from. If you are itchy all over your body, then you can run a hot bath and put the salts in the tub and soak in it for about 20 minutes or so. Most people say to put one cup of salts into the bath, but that is usually for soaking sore muscles and such. If I were you, I would put in about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of salts, because I think it needs to be a little stronger than normal to draw out the toxins. Anyway, this is what I would try if I were you... it helped me. Anyway, can’t hurt trying. Happy soaking.