Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
akalacha

I can SO relate to this. My XA has been gone for a month now. Two days after he left he ended up in the hospital. I got an email from him yesterday telling me how much better he's doing. His health is better, he hasn't had a drink since he left, he's getting counseling, etc. And he was going to a party last night. I guess that was the part that ticked me off. Yes, I have a life free of alcoholism now. And I'm very glad of it. I'm also struggling to pay the bills and come up with a way to make some income. I'm trying to catch up with maintenance and repairs that were neglected around here for months. I can't even go out for lunch because I'm too busy working around the place, and I can't afford it. But he's going out to restaurants and parties. I love him and wish him the best, I really am glad that he's doing well. But I can't help feeling a little resentful. I know it will pass because I don't like holding anger and resentment, I know it's not good for me. But it's going to take a little while to get over it.