View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Jakkolantern

Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
I could have blasted Jakkolanter personally, considering some of what he wrote, but I just ignored most of the irrelevant stuff, and kept shining the light on his Beast. You'll notice it threatened to cut and run at one point, but Jakkolantern apparently decided against that for now. In my mind, that means that he's winning, and that his Beast is losing.

That is what we do here, isn't it?
"It" threatened to cut and run? Please. My near-departure had nothing to do with drinking, not drinking, any tendency towards it or anything that threatens the AV.

This was the confirmation bias I was speaking to before. I was going to stop participating primarily because I recognized here the trappings of religion - and there's no sense arguing religion. It's not worth it. Nothing is to be gained. To you, it's got to be AV, and if I think different, it's because I don't recognize the AV. And so in your mind you're right no matter what. It's exactly the same logic that AA uses to decide people are in denial. EXACTLY.

I hate to be overly negative, but I don't respect that. That's the circular logic that makes me question the use of continuance in the conversation.

Soberlicious was wondering why Jakkolantern seemed defensive, but it was actually his Beast that was being defensive
Good lord.

Like I said, confirmation bias and borderline religion.

I have everything I need. Thanks.