View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
I think my previous response to Jakk shows I recognize the importance of pointing out AV. But he's been challenged on stuff that to me seems like a distraction, such as his view that addiction is complicated. I don't see how that's relevant to his future abstinence. AVRT-wise, what matters is that he sees the path out of addiction is simple. (I also happen to agree with him; sometimes addiction can be very complex.)

For me, AVRT's strength is its precision. It should be wielded like a rifle, not a machine gun.
Hmmm. I was a so-called "challenger" of Jakk in this thread, and I'm not gonna agree my efforts, or those, if I may say, of Dalek for that matter, and whom ever else voiced themselves in turn; that our efforts can be summarily reduced down to being in effect a resultant "distraction"....

AV is AV, and its not about being one-up and being a challenger, or otherwise leaving a guy feeling like he's being challenged... its about listening, and responding authentically to what is being heard. End of story.

I said what I said because I chose to say it, not because it worked against Jakk's understanding of what AVRT is or isn't, and neither was I trying to get him set straight, lol. At the end of the day, its what it is, we're all individuals.

Interestingly enough, I suppose, I view AVRT as being both a machine gun, and a sniper rifle, whatever is required, no problemo. I meant what I said to Jakk, and we have agreed to disagree, and last time I knew, we we're both good with that. Cool.