Old 09-21-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Florence

Well, I was doing swimmingly until I realized he was tooling around at our house in secret while I was at work. I get a notification from my personal email if it's opened up in two places. That happens when someone is on the computer at home while I have it open on my computer at work.

I lost my $*&% and sent about 30 text messages (sadly, not exaggerating) demanding he get out of the house like he said he would. He sent several back ranging from "F*** yous" to "I'm not as bad as you think I am" quacks. He finally left. I called a locksmith to have the locks replaced today. I do not trust him.

To top it off, this (long story):

I have been trying to rebuild my relationship with my sisters after basically not having much of one with them ever. They are much older than me and thanks to a lot of turbulence in my teen years, they distanced themselves from me and my parents and the relationships never really recovered. All of this is part of the therapy experience for me -- realizing how deeply depression has affected my family on both sides for generations, realizing the seriousness of my parents codependency, realizing how badly my mother handles conflict by hiding truths from people, and how she minimized the seriousness of a dozen traumatic events over the course of me and my sisters' childhoods. Big picture stuff. So I've been learning quite a bit, not only about alcoholism, but also codependency and mental illness. After trying for several years, one of my sisters and I have been getting closer. Some of that is sharing our perceptions of our parents and the craziness of what mom told who and when and how truthful it was. Really, it's been transformative.

Today she wrote me a long email explaining that she knows I was raped when I was 13, how angry she was at mom and dad for not believing me, and how important she thought it was to acknowledge all that history, including the downward spiral I experienced afterward which was in part due to my parents' abandonment. It was... on any other day, it would have been occasion for real healing. Today, I just feel like I'm split wide open.

TGI %$&^*%( Friday. If you never know how strong you are until you have to be, today I learned I'm a goddamned rock.