View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

I got slapped, I mean, helped too, Jakk, when I first started posting about AVRT.

The $64,000 AV question is : What is your plan for your continued use of alcohol? When this question was posed to me, I replied with 'I plan...', or 'I intend...', or something similar. You can imagine what happened next. My response was interpreted as being riddled with doubt and uncertainty, I still don't think that was the case. However, I now realize that I could have made that statement more strongly as 'I will never...'. The AV detectors around here go AAoooogah if anyone finds any doubt or uncertainty in statements concerning relationships with alcohol. Our language in this regard needs to be as tightly defined as our resolve.

It was helpful for me to look back at the AVRT discussion thread and see how these conversations have developed and concluded. It was very comforting to see folks develop their ability and become practiced and mature, and then post infrequently only to say Hi, I'm doing just fine, take care now, eh?

It's a tortured way to make a point, I will agree, but the point still needs making. In matters of self confidence around alcohol, anything other than the Big Plan is AV .