View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Well, this teaches me to ignore the thread for a few days. You sure livened up the place, Jakk. And that's always for the good—so thank you!

I dislike participating in forums where one must massage every word in their posts to conform to an exact specification. That is not the nature of a conversation.
It may not be the nature of conversation, but it goes to the very heart of AVRT. I know you think your AV radar is fine, but the thing is, your posts are riddled with AV as defined by AVRT. "So far so good", "I fully expect", "so long as"... you see the pattern? There's a lot of room for possible failure in those statements. Your explanation of "as long as" actually shows why it runs contrary to the Big Plan. Having ice cream is contingent on brushing your teeth. So what is your future abstinence contingent on? Because under AVRT, there can be no conditions.

AVRT requires us to examine and classify thoughts as they occur. Massaging words in a written post is child's play compared with that. Nit picky? Sure it is. That's the whole point.

I have been called out on these forums more than once for sloppy language in my posts. I'm grateful to the crew here for taking the time to do that, because it helps me make sure my own detector is tuned to perfection.

I'm glad you're here, Jakk. I think your skepticism and confidence will serve you very well.