View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by Jakkolantern View Post
Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Your future is certain too though, relative to not drinking, yeah? ... any doubts experienced are in fact AV.
I'm sorry, we're widely divergent on this one. That's much to much a blanket statement for me to find it acceptable. It verges on the religion of AA, and I cannot and will not obviate my critical thinking to what is clearly another version of a "higher power". i.e. Immediately casting any doubt as AV because the author said so.
Any doubt regarding your Big Plan is AV, not doubt about other things. RobbyRobot made this clear. He stated that it was relative to not drinking. Go back and read his post, or see the part quoted above in bold, which you deleted when quoting him, and which I re-inserted to place his statement in the proper context.

Originally Posted by Jakkolantern View Post
The skill needed is identifying what doubts are, in fact, grounded in AV, and which are doubts because the argument has an aspect that is identifiably shaky or false.
There is no real skill needed here. If it is self-doubt about your Big Plan, then it is AV.