View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Jakk, I'm glad you are dismissing the wrapping, not the gift inside. My feelings about Trimpey were made known in the very first AVRT thread. I find him dogmatic and weird, and not a very hip dude. Here's the thing... it doesn't matter if I really want to end my addiction for good.

"Trimpey's an idiot. He gets under my last nerve. Good thing I am cooler and smarter than him and I can read and use AVRT to end my addiction anyway."

"Trimpey's an idiot. He gets under my last nerve. This sh*t doesn't work."

The second statement allows a tiny crack in the door for future use. Therefore, it's AV. It doesn't sound like you are allowing that to happen, so that's good. "Dismissing" the ideas because of the author...yeah the AV would be behind that. I get what you are saying, and again, I made my feeling known too, BUT the discussion is about AVRT, not JT.

I am analytical too. Since the AV plays off of one's personality, my AV is as analytical and intelligent as I am. Identifying can sometimes be tricky for the analytical...because those of us that think like that tend to always argue every point. The AV loves that. It creates cracks...fissures...tiny openings for future use.

I'm still going to stand by my statement about your bullcrap detector. If it was as finely honed as you say, it would have shut down the AV at the initial shenanigans. There would have been no addiction and certainly no progression had you called bullsh*t on it right away.

I drank after 10 years because I failed to truly understand the subtleties of identifying the AV.

I'm glad you are here and involved in the discussion.