View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jakkolantern

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Dismissing what you're reading based on a bias about the author is purely AV. You do understand that, yes?
I understand your point, but the answer is no. That's exactly the same logic that leads AA adherents to declare you "in denial" when you disagree with something they say.

There are "conversations" in the book that clearly never happened. There are hugely dismissive and critical parts of the book that are vastly simplistic and a little silly (none of them related to the core concepts).

I'm dismissing the wrapping - not the gift inside.

Personally, I do think he is slightly off his rocker. Luckily that has nothing to do with the compilation of ideas he gathered from the self-recovered population.
Agreed, somewhat. As I said, I think a lot of the ideas are not compiled so much as fabricated. But that doesn't concern me as long as it works.

Make sure you turn that finely tuned instrument toward your addiction. Obviously the Beast has somehow circumvented the bullcrap detector because as long as you listen to it and remain actively addicted then you're buying that swampland in FL. The AV is the most skilled con artist there is. When you can detect its BS, then you will be a master.
I think you're off-base in that evaluation of me based on a single comment (explained above).

You're welcome. Sometimes in the world of "recovery", one only has credibility if they have time under their belt. I don't subscribe to that and I have no problem saying so. It only takes one moment in time to make a change. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind....
That seems fair.