View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Jakkolantern
I'm more than a little suspicious that the author is off his rocker, and there are parts of the book that are dodgy, but the basic idea seems sound.
It is possible that JT is off his rocker, of course it's all relative. No more off his rocker than those of us who continue to poison ourselves for years upon years despite every manner of negative consequence. The addicted could most certainly be classified as off their rockers. Dismissing what you're reading based on a bias about the author is purely AV. You do understand that, yes?
Personally, I do think he is slightly off his rocker. Luckily that has nothing to do with the compilation of ideas he gathered from the self-recovered population.
Originally Posted by Jakkolantern
At least it's not setting off my fairly highly tuned bullcrap detector.
Make sure you turn that finely tuned instrument toward your addiction. Obviously the Beast has somehow circumvented the bullcrap detector because as long as you listen to it and remain actively addicted then you're buying that swampland in FL. The AV is the most skilled con artist there is. When you can detect its BS, then you will be a master.
Originally Posted by aeo1313
You voiced what I was thinking and I thank you for that.
You're welcome. Sometimes in the world of "recovery", one only has credibility if they have time under their belt. I don't subscribe to that and I have no problem saying so. It only takes one moment in time to make a change. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind....