View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blackfrancis

I knew it and did nothing about it!

This was my post from June of 2011:

"Hi everyone, had to recreate another account because I couldn't remember my username or email I had created about two years ago.....probably the booze clouding everything up. Anyway, woke up today and decided it I was going to get my head out of my ass and get serious about my drinking...so....hit up a noon AA meeting and another one at 7. Picked up the Big Book at the meeting tonight and am into 4 chapters already. I've told myself for years that I could quit whenever I wanted to....it's easy right....just don't drink! HAH! What a joke......for 20 years now I haven't stood a chance against the booze......When you realize how your drinking harms those around you and you don't do anything about it....then you have a problem. I came to that realization today...I'm powerless and I can't do it on my own......I swore that the AA meetings weren't for me but I now know that they are a HUGE influence and a MAJOR part of the recovery process......I've been a "professional drinker" for 20+ years, time to be good at something else......"

This is today's post:

Three days ago I was pulled over and charged with a high OVI here in OHIO. Blew a .20 and am now elegible for higher fines/terms. I have a lawyer who is considered one of the best DUI/OVI lawyers in the city and after speaking to him he thinks it can be reduced to a standard OVI. The problem is I am almost guaranteed to lose my job over this. OVI or other alcohol related charges mean you cannot enter certain countries and my job requires me to travel out of the USA. Bottom line is I've had problems with alcohol my whole life, knew I had a problem and did nothing about it. I guess I'm not sure what I'm asking/saying here, just rambling on. 41 years old and time for a lifestyle change, is this my midlife crisis?