Thread: grieving
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and Wisdom to know the difference.

We empathize, and feel your pain.
It may not be much but today I accept that I have the power to act to make my home the way I like it. No, I'm not a very social person so I'm not out doing all kinds of things away from home, but I accept that about myself. When I look at Facebook and all the things people are out doing, I feel bad about myself and wish that I was that way too. But I can choose NOT to look at Facebook and all those pictures of those seemingly happy and healthy people having fun, and focus on that which I know I can control, and that which I can change. ME and my environment.

So, today I am looking at lawn tools that I can handle and that will make my lawn look nice. Today I am doing laundry and cleaning my home. Today I am removing as much as I can from my home that does not bring me pleasure, things that I do not LOVE. Today I am focusing on clearing my house of clutter and sorting through papers that I have been ignoring.

THIS is where I have the power to act today. So THIS is where I am going to devote my time, attention, and emotional energy today. And I know that the more I focus my time, attention, and emotional energy on these things, the LESS I will think about AXBF and all the things about our relationship and what he has done, which I have been obsessing about the last 3.5 months.

Today I focus on what brings ME comfort, what I need, what I want. I hope you all do so today too.