Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
djayr
Lord Have Mercy

I can certainly relate to how you are feeling, it's an almost giddy joy arising from the FREEDOM of becoming extra-detatched (physically, financially, legally, emotionally) from the A who has been a huge distraction and source of pain.

It's like dropping a weight that you were having to drag, now you are a light as a feather! I also compared it to being a battery which was being drained non stop. Detach the source of the drain, and you have a boost of energy!

Unfortunately for me, the initial "high" wore off after about a month. I still get bursts of relief and joy that I don't have to deal with AW's problems, but in the quiet moments, I find the anger you are talking about . . . but more than anything, sadness, along with those familiar worries about AW and what, in the end, is going to happen to her.

I also have the painful reminder of monthly maintenance payments for another 5 years, a plan that I personally put together and have no right to complain about, but that weighs on me a bit because it's a big debt that I am paying to AW (to "buy my business" from her) which is not a happy thing.

You should completely enjoy being so happy! Hopefully it will stick around for a long, long, time. It does feel good, and you earned it.