Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
owathu

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I don't know about you - but I find myself thinking that I should feel grief when really, I feel happy and excited for the new future in front of me.

People do the head tilt and say "Oh I am sorry" when I say "I am no longer married" and my first thought is "don't be, I'm not".

I am living in a house I love, fixing it up the way I want it, my girls are calm and settled and dare I say, happy?!

But like you, some days I do get angry. Those days I have to physically tell myself (usually in the car in private!) to STOP DWELLING and evict the person living in my head rent-free.

Those days are few and far between now. For that, I am very, very grateful. I hope you are, as well, because you sound great!

Live each day as it comes, and not on what some prescribed theory says it should be.

Keep on keepin on!
~T
You're right. If I feel OK, why should I question it? Probably because it's been so long that I was looking forward to going to work, walking my dog, running, getting dressed, going out, going grocery shopping (a dream now!), paying my bills, my bills, that I made, that I own, not worrying about his bills and how they would be paid because he just didn't give a crap. It's a RELIEF.

Seriously. I had mentioned here soon after this all came to light how my horrible back pain, literally disappeared within 72 hours of leaving. There was actually a point where taking dishes out of the dishwasher took 15 minutes because I had to stop for the back pain. Now? My ass is emptying that dishwasher like it's nothing, vaccum? Ha, child's play. Lifting heavy boxes that would throw out my back 6 months ago? Nope, a OK. I could barely clean without having massive back pain, now? Not a freaking twinge. It's amazing.

Thanks so much everyone here for the support. You are all amazing people.