View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
LoveHappiness

Cool

Originally Posted by kyles View Post
I hope telling her goes well, or at least as well as telling someone this information can.
Thank you. I think my mom already knows I want to tell her. I have been texting back and forth with her while she's at work today, and she just seems very concerned, and keeps saying things like, "Go ahead and cook whatever you'd like for dinner tonight" or "If you're too tired to cook I can take you out" and "You can make whatever makes you happy." Its as if she knows I've been bottling this stuff up all week, and can sense that I have been holding something terrible inside me. I am currently fighting the urge to just text it to her right now because it hurts me emotionally keeping this to myself. I know I should just wait and tell her in person.

On a happier note, I just spoke to my boyfriend on the phone. Today he has completed the detox program and I am very pleased that he has chosen to enter the sober residency a few blocks away from where he did his detox and recovery treatments. It is a program where individuals are bussed to the same recovery center for day programs. I am not sure the details yet (he had to go into a group therapy session) but upon entry, there is a no-contact period. I have faith that this will help him feel more centered, and it will also give me time to do my own research and get myself more centered as well, as I live my own life.