Old 09-10-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
becky1982

Well that was a self fulfilling prophecy now wasn't it? My AH also said I was gonna kick him out someday, and what do you know? I did. I think that attitude helped them not feel guilty about their actions.

My AH also always accused me of having affairs. I stopped going to meetings, going to yoga, going to the gym, I rarely went out with my friends, I stopped wearing earings, heels, perfume and certain clothes when I went out. It was easier to deprive myself and let go of who I am than to be picked on, put down, punished, raged at. The worst accomidation I made was letting him discipline my daughter in ways I didn't agree with, ways that affected her self esteem. I feel terrible about that but my warped thinking led me to believe that keeping the peace was best for all of us. Never again.

When my friend went through a break up after a seven year relationship she felt lost. So she made a list of all her favorite things to do and for 30 days she did them. She felt much better after 30 days. What do you say we do the same?

You're gonna ace the nclex! In the bag baby!