Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

So the AVRT links I posted last week were removed. I had contacted the mods myself after being informed that a couple of the links were to an RR subscription service, and should not have been posted. I was hoping they would remove those links and leave the rest.

Unfortunately, SR has a problem with RR links in general. I suppose this is because it's a for-profit corporation. I respect the mods a great deal—but it is time to review this policy. Recovery is, thankfully, a lot more diverse than when SR was first formed. To post a link to a paid RR seminar program would one thing—but to disallow links to the free AVRT crash course? That runs contrary to the core of SR's mission, in my opinion.

I understand and respect why the mods did what they did. They are following the policies as they exist today. My beef is with the policies, not with the people who have a duty to enforce them.

In any event, I will be happy to PM anyone who wants those links. (Auvers and Jaz, look for them in your inbox.)