Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by ashbyee View Post
I am shocked at what an opportunist my beast is. I feel like a million bucks today! Boot camp rock star, cranking at work, family doing great, hopeful - all really really terrific and BAM!!! I am suddenly bombarded with - "lets celebrate tonight?!?!? See, you have your act together. No one even knows you wake up with hangovers - see you don't have a problem etc..."
Can we spin this the other way, ashbyee? What if you are walking on sunshine, skipping along, and there is one thing that wants to spoil it, your AV. Think how easy it is becoming for you to give it a flick, and hey presto, we are back on top. THAT is awesome.

It is really starting to irratate me. I am so "aware" of how my thinking has been manipulated- if you will -by this "thing." I am not sure I can articulate this- but, I am just AWARE of everything I am thinking..... Does that make sense?
Ashbyee, you can look into what they call 'mindfulness', a kind of meditation. It talks about becoming 'the watcher', observing your thoughts as they pass by. It is a very powerful mind tool - it quiets the monkey chatter so that our natural abilities and instincts can get to work, letting us rise above our thoughts and to our full potential. It creates some space around our thoughts somehow and gives us room to move without getting jammed and stuck.

I feel like I have been given a loaded gun and am ready for the fight of my life. I would love to know if anyone else has had this experience.
Yes, absolutely, ashbyee, I have. Because you know now that you will never drink again, and you understand how you can make this happen, you never need to fight your AV again. Because it has no power over you, it needn't make you tense or anxious ever again.

Thank you for continuing to post, ashbyee, and for adding to the considerable body of thought in this thread.

Hi, Soberlicious! *waves*