Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tomsteve

acceptance is the answer to all my problems today.when i am disturbed, it is because i find some person, place,thing, or situation- some fact of my life, unacceptable to me and i can find no serenity until i accept that person,place,thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. nothing, absolutely nothing happens in Gods world by mistake. i need to concetrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world and others as i what needs to be changed in my and my attitudes.
shakespeare said,"all the worlds a stage and we are merely players." he forgot to mention that i was the chief critic. i was always able to see the flaw in every person, every situation and i was always glad to point it out because i knew you wanted perfection as i did. acceptance has taught me there is a bit of the good in the worst of us and a bit of bad in the best; that we are all children of God and have a right to be here. when i complain about me or you, i am complaining about Gods handiwork. i am saying i know better than God.
if i dont know whats good for me, then i dont know whats good for anyone else.

the more i focus on anyones defects, the more they grow, and rather quick! when i focus on qualities, i see then grow and the defects shrink.