View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PursuitOfHappy

How Do I Go About This?

Ok well as of right now I have been taking 6-7 10mg/375mg Hydrocodone pills a day for a month a half. I have a history with alcoholism where I was in AA and maintained a little over a year of sobriety. I have been through in and out patient rehab for bipolar disorder, depression, and alcoholism. I learned a great deal in the programs but obviously not enough so here I am again with a different drug of choice. If I could admit myself to the hospital I would. Here is my situation. My mom is in the final stage of lung cancer, the tumors have spread to her brain and she is declining rapidly. My father suffered from a brain anyerism a few years ago and has permant memory/behavioral problems. I take care of them both. About two months ago we got hit with property taxes that emptied our savings. I freaked out and found an escape, my moms pain meds. I love them. They make me not worry, make me feel happy, and no one knows youre taking them. Recently I woke up. If something happens to me then no one is there to care for my parents. I am responsible for paying their bills, taking care of the house, feeding them, and managing their doctors. I know this is going to get worse and spiral out of control, that's why I'm here to deal with this now. I know the withdrawals from opiates are bad, hence why I haven't quit cold turkey. I have to be able to work and perform daily duties while quitting. I know it's not gojng to be easy or painless. Im not sure what to expect. I want to do this on my own, I feel I am capable and know if I'm not I can go to my sister for support. NA meetings being a very last resort. I literally have 0 dollars to spend. In my mind this is a battle I must over come on my own. I have to stay strong for my family and for me. I will not go to rehab or a clinic. I have thought about talking with my moms doctor(the one who prescribes the meds)? Any advice or thoughts will be greatly appreciated. I will answer any questions.