Old 09-03-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
I do not know how to NOT talk back to AV.
I recognize It, I acknowledge It as the voice of the Beast...

...I want to say "NO. Be still."
But this is engaging It, is it not?
Share, please.
AV is any thought or feeling which goes against your Big Plan. You can see AV for what it is by the contrast. That contrast is the point of recognition of YOUR AV.

Its not so much the voice of the Beast, really. The Beast is addiction desire. It uses your thoughts against you in a manner to hide its true nature, which is to satisfy its addictive desire ie get you to drink alcohol.

Giving the Beast the status of an entity, with its own voice, and its own cleverness, is eventually going to be a problem, simply because you'll end up feeling your powerless to engage the Beast since you're not suppose to engage your Beast, lol. A viscious circle of denial. Feeling powerless or helpless against your Beast is itself AV.

AVRT works because we can separate from our addictive desire, and the thoughts, and feelings, which are part of the process of that addictive desire. The Beast and all the AV in the world can't get any body drunk, that is the simple truth, and its how and why the Big Plan works so well.

The Beast is not my enemy, it is not my friend. The Beast is a sick maladaptive addictive desire. AV is not some other mind or entity slowly outsmarting me, lol, my AV is simply my own thoughts which go against my Big Plan. AV is an entirely normal process...

In the separation process, we realize that addictive desire and thoughts are not sufficient in themselves to get a person drunk... it still requires physical action of picking up that drink. The Beast and AV have no physical existence -- they can not for the life of themselves actually get anybody drunk.

This is a critical understanding.

We don't want to engage our Beast because there is no reason to argue with something that is all bluff and bravado, smoke and mirrors, etc. Why waste our time? The Beast is a dumbass, and my AV is no smarter than my Big Plan in any case, either.

So, I rule, and my Beast drools.