Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

I want to say "NO. Be still." But this is engaging It, is it not?
Absolutely, I believe any struggle with the Beast is engaging it. The whole idea that you need to struggle with the AV to defeat it gives it a legitimacy it doesn't merit, and the idea that we need to fight the AV is AV in itself.

You do not need to struggle with it, struggling only empowers it. It is only necessary that you recognize it, and accept it. Once you do that, it loses its power to threaten your will. I am fond of laughing and pointing at it too. Jerk.

Someone said something along the lines of "There's nothing like being alone with the AV and a blank wall," as if this was fun (?). Help me out here?
You betcha. That might have been about how he came to a private understanding of his AV and his Big Plan long before he had heard anything about RR and AVRT. I can't find the direct quote tho. It happened to me that way, I think. It describes very well the moment when I made my choice to take responsibility, to choose to believe that I could quit, and to make the resolution to not drink anymore. I made the decision that I would separate from the urge to drink, to accept it but ignore it.

So, I think the quote meant that there is nothing like that situation for discovering AVRT on your own, by yourself. It's not surprising at all that this happens to lots of people because AVRT is taken from the reports of the self recovered. I think that is why it works so well.