View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 12:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Applecrumble

Hi all,

Livelikegold, you're staying sober while going through what must be incredibly stressful. I think that's so good and shows who you are. I'm confident that along with your sobriety will come a way of working the other things out.

I had a massive near-wobbly yesterday evening but I remembered what I'd seen some of you posting about out of control cravings tending to pass after about 30 mins and so did the washing up and kind of waited ... It was true.

I still wanted to drink all evening but managed it by randomly cooking steak and stuffing it down me with horseradish sauce even though I wasn't hungry. Also by searching the backs of kitchen cupboards for anything I could add to tap water to give it an 'interesting' flavour - I found some rehydration tablets hehe. It helped a bit.

Something had changed though when I was craving. Previously, I would have tried to convince myself to not drink by remembering I was planning on doing a long run or session in the gym the next day but the alcoholic voice would always tell me the drink would not alter that aim, that I wouldnt get a hangover.

Last night I was genuinely able to recognise that I would have a massive hangover today and would be so disappointed with not being able to do anything. That's a positive change.

Yesterday, I did some job assessments. I have the concentration of a goldfish and the mental flexibility of a 1980s computer at the moment so they were a disaster! I'm sure I aced the grammar text though hehe ... If only the job required such skills

Today I'm going to work at staying sober. Have a great sober day all!