View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
AmberXO

Unhappy I Understand Where You Are Coming From

I understand where you are coming from. My son is 18 and he hates me. He has had a drug and alcohol problem since the age of 11 and due to that he dropped out of school before achieving his grade 10. He has stolen from me, intentionally damaged property, consistently lied to me and other people and makes up stories portraying me as some kind of beast in order to try and justify his behavior. The people I've met who know him say, "Wow! You're not the monster your son makes you out to be." He has ended up on the street because he consistently violates boundaries everywhere he goes or tries to live. He will con me into letting him come home and stay with me and then does things like punch holes in walls, steal from me, etc. When he is out of my home, I am constantly worried for his safety and well-being. When he is in my home, I know he is safe but he displays zero respect for me or the home. I have gotten to the point where I cannot allow him to live with me anymore. I will be there for him if he comes to me for help of course, but there is the part of me that wants to cut him out of my life completely because this is so painful and confusing to deal with.